Introducing Upcoming Board Games on Kickstarter
Crowdfunding is a method of fundraising where individuals and organizations solicit donations from the public in order to finance a project or venture. The most popular crowdfunding platform today is Kickstarter, which exists as an American public benefit corporation, whose mission is to “help bring creative projects to life”.
Kickstarter offers entrepreneurs an alternative to traditional means of funding, thereby allowing conception and testing of new ideas ahead of submitting any product for market evaluation. Most board game products that are about to launch on Kickstarter are idea-stage, have not yet been prototyped, and have no proven demand in the marketplace. Many designers and entrepreneurs turn to platforms such as Kickstarter as a low risk way of testing how much interest there is in their game before making costly investments in designing, manufacturing, and marketing a product.
Using Kickstarter provides prospective retailers with amazing opportunities to get exclusive access to new games while they’re still being developed. Through developing relationships with game designers on the platform and/or participating in projects early on, retailers can unlock invaluable insider information such as access to early prototypes for demonstration purposes or potential offers for special deals when the product officially launches into retail stores.
The ability to back upcoming board games before they launch makes it easy for those who want to get involved with launching or marketing a game before the general public has a chance. With so many creative minds taking advantage of this unique funding opportunity, there are bound to be some exciting upcoming board games that come out on Kickstarter soon!
Exploring the Benefits of Board Games Kickstarter Campaigns
Benefits for Launching a Board Games Kickstarter Campaign:
1. A large number of potential customers to market your board game to: Because Kickstarter is a globally accessible platform, you have access to a massive audience of people all over the world who are interested in board games.
2. The ability to get feedback before launch: Using Kickstarter gives you the opportunity to involve backers and collaborators in the design process before your game is produced, allowing for refinements and improvements that can help make sure your game is successful once it launches.
3. Increased visibility and credibility: Launching a successful crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter means that potential customers see you as an established name in the board games industry, setting yourself up for future success.
4. Quicker access to funding and resources: Crowdfunding provides an immediate source of funds and resources, allowing you to rapidly develop prototypes and move through production cycles faster than other methods such as traditional investors or pre-selling.
Pros & Cons of Board Games Kickstarter Campaigns:
• An effective way of launching a new game without deep pockets;
• Low barrier entry with global reach;
• Low risk due early feedback from backers;
• Gives creators fast access to capital outside of traditional funding sources;
• Difficulty gaining exposure outside of core followers (Kickstarter can be noisy); • Low success rates with 44% reaching their original goal; • Dependence on external partners such as companies like fulfillment and marketing; • Difficulties scaling up quickly if projects gain unexpected traction.
The Best Upcoming Board Game Projects
Mechanical Depths: In this one-to-four-player game, a team of adventurers must challenge their way through treacherous depths in search of ancient artifacts. By using special ‘mechanical dice’ that projects onto the playing board, they need to make complex decisions as they explore roads filled with surprises and dangers. Players can expect an array of exciting features such as customizable characters, epic set pieces including crumbling bridges, movable walls and hidden traps and a DIY construction system for designing the ultimate mechanical gaming experience. Backers can pick from several reward tiers including stylish apparel and rare collectibles.
Tolkien Adventures: This two-player cooperative campaign invites fans of JRR Tolkien’s Middle Earth storybooks to follow your heroes as they journey through magical realms full of dwarves, elves and trolls! With long-term strategy in mind, players will create their teams by selecting several characters with unique abilities. As you face off against some evil forces like the Goblin King or Sauron himself, find yourself solving creative puzzles while avoiding deadly traps in order forge powerful items (like swords). Rewards range from exclusive posters to custom 3D figurines featuring the lead character designs.
Why You Should Support These Games on Kickstarter
Supporting upcoming board games on Kickstarter provides a variety of benefits to backers. Firstly, it gives backers exclusive access to the game before the official release, allowing them to try out new and upcoming games way in advance before other players do. Furthermore, with their support, gamers contribute towards making game development more possible for smaller, independent game developers and publishers. This is extremely beneficial for not only the game industry as a whole, but also for the innovation of game design” something that could not be fully realised without support from fans.
Moreover, backing campaigns often provide exclusive rewards to those who supported them. These can include limited edition swag, such as special cards or boards, as well as special updates or discounts on some products. Finally, supporting new board games shows appreciation for the hard work that goes into designing great games and bringing exciting experiences to life. By backing these campaigns gamers are helping push boundaries in creating their favourite pastime which can be greatly rewarding and satisfying in itself!
Tips For Launching a Board Game Kickstarter Campaign
Kickstarter campaigns are an ideal way for entrepreneurs to launch a new board game idea. A good campaign should include the following components:
1. A clear and concise pitch that outlines the purpose of your board game and resonates with potential backers. Your pitch should convey why you believe in your game, what makes it special, and explain why players will enjoy playing it.
2. Unique rewards to entice backers to support your campaign. Offering exclusive rewards such as customized merchandise or early access to new game releases can be very motivating, particularly for Kickstarter regulars or fans of the genre.
3. An in-depth budget breakdown of how much money you need to produce your board games and market them effectively. This includes costs associated with prototyping, production, warehousing, shipping, marketing campaigns, etc., so make sure you do extensive research before launching your fundraiser campaign.
4. Strategies to increase visibility of your board game Kickstarter page by utilizing online tools such as social media platforms and forums related to board gaming as well found creative ways to let more people know about your project!
5. Campaign management tips so that you stay organized throughout the fundraising process and don’t forget important deadlines or milestones. This includes tracking backer pledges, managing customer feedback/questions/concerns, ensuring prompt communication from backers have been delivered plus more!
This post has provided an overview of just some of the exciting upcoming board games on Kickstarter. From classic war-style games such as Red Fury to new, innovative titles like Delve, there is something for every type of board game enthusiast to discover. We also took a closer look at various recent successful crowdfunding campaigns that serve as great examples of how to run an effective campaign. With these inspiring projects and others now live (or soon to be) available on Kickstarter, now is the perfect time for you to consider backing exciting upcoming board games or even create one yourself!
I love playing all kinds of games – from classics like Monopoly to modern favourites like Ticket to Ride.
I created this blog as a way to share my love of board games with others, and provide information on the latest releases and news in the industry.